Sunday, November 7, 2010

Snickers

Snickers are probably my second favorite candy bar out there. (Baby Ruths aaaaall the way!) Naturally, I really wanted to make a cupcake version of it. I have been following this blog for sometime now and finally decided to check there for a snickers recipe. (http://annies-eats.com/) Just my luck, Annie had the recipe for me! :) I'd have to say if you plan on making these for youself, which you will want to do, buy Hersey's caramel in a jar or Trader's Joes caramel sauce. I made the one on the recipe and it tasted more like sweet milk....don't waste your time.




Overall, I got a lot of great feedback from these cupcakes. They are definitely up there on the list. Dark chocolate cake filled with a mixture of caramel and snickers, topped off with caramel buttercream. (I added extra caramel to the frosting...couldn't help myself!) They're quite messy but definitely worth it. :)

1 comment: