Sunday, October 24, 2010

Red Velvet

They're here! Red Velvet cupcakes. I get more requests for these than anything else I bake. I had planned on making these later in the year around Christmas but my youth pastor requested them early. I will be making Peppermint Red Velvet at Christmas though.


Red Velvet is basically chocolate cake with food coloring to make it red. I must say, this is by far my favorite type of cake. I prefer to get mine from Bliss in Bethany Village. I really loooove their cupcakes.


I found this recipe online but tweaked it so that it was less dense. It was actually by accident because I needed a last minute substitution, but now I have my secret little ingredient. ;)


1 comment:

  1. They were awesome, even better than usual. I liked the changes that you made with the icing.

    ReplyDelete