Thursday, January 6, 2011

Cookie Dough

Cookie dough. Need I say more? These babys used a whopping 6 1/2 sticks of butter!!! It doesn't help that I ended up making the recipe three times! I don't think I've ever struggled so much on a recipe. It's not that it was difficult, but it's never good to bake when you're tired and when you're reading the recipe off of an ipod.

So I started making the batter and everything seemed just fine. I poured in my 2% milk and added the last bit of flour and I was ready to fill the pans. While reading the recipe once more to double check I notice that I used normal milk as opposed to sweetend condensed milk. If you bake you will no that they are NOTHING alike. One is, well milk, and the other is a thick, sugary, syrup. Once I noticed this I couldn;t just waste all those ingredients so I poured the batter right into a cake pan.


*Notice the picked out part...I got hungry and that cake was deeeelicious.

Anyways, I'm now out of eggs so I run to the neighbor house to borrow some. I'm finally at the last steps: milk and flour. I add in the condensed milk and the batter just doesn't seem right. I question the recipe because really, what type of recipe doesn't use water or milk? So I check the ipod once more. Here is where I'm about to just give up...So previously when I read condensed milk, that was intended for the filling and NOT THE BATTER!!! I had made it correctly the first time and now I'm stuck with a bunch of weird textured batter! I was so angry with myself ( I probably cried a little haha) but I was determinded to make this recipe correctly!

I make the batter for the final time, being careful to read the recipe correctly. I was successful!!! They turned out how I always dreamed they would.


The batter was of course filled with chocolate chips. Inside the actual cupcake though was actual cookie dough! I thought it was pretty creative. But what was really the icing on the cake (PUN ALERT) was the frosting! It actually tasted like cookie dough!!! The recipe called for flour in it and it just did wonders. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment