Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mint Chocolate Chip

Mmmm...mint chocolate chip ice cream: a popular flavor among us all. This is one of the first ideas I brainstormed earlier before I began this project. Even so, it took me quite some time to actually bake it. But here we are now, and they are made! My whole house smells like a minty, chocolately wonderland.


The cupcakes are dark chocolate cake and frosted with mint buttercream. Quick note: I've been having a debate with myself over butter or oil for quite sometime. I love the flavor of butter, but it's just not moist like oil is. So in this recipe I did half and half...I'd have to say they came out pretty great and I may have a new standard for my cupcakes. I'm impressed with how they turned out and I'm looking forward to everyone trying them.

Fun post from Icecream.com. It describes your personality based off of your favorite flavor, so of course I am posting about Mint Chocolate Chip.

 "As a Mint Chocolate Chip lover, you tend to be ambitious and confident… yet a little skeptical about life. You are a realist who prepares for the future, needing a solid plan to feel secure. While your stubbornness is a business asset, it can add a challenging element to your relationships. Nonetheless, your loyalty, honesty and dependability create lasting friendships and close family ties."

1 comment: