Thursday, January 20, 2011

Vanilla Bean

I've never in my life held a whole vanilla bean. It is the weirdest little thing ever. For one they are suuuper duper expensive and range from like 4-8 dollars a piece! Two they are just so little and creepy. Haha creepy may not make sense to many of you but they are just a weird texture and filled with all theese beans everywhere. Not as big of a deal as I'm making it...I'm sort of dramatic. Besides my rant about vanilla beans, the cupcakes turned out perfect. I looove the cake part like no other which is saying something as a person who doesn't normally induldge in cake. It light, moist, flavorful; absolute perfect.


The frosting on the other hand...meeeeh. Not a favorite in my book. Buttercream is just too sweet. I hope somebody enjoys the frosting because it's on every single cupcake. We will see how that goes. I really was hoping to use a beautiful frosting recipe I found for Swiss Meringue Butter cream but I ran out of the ingredients for it, but I will make it soon so be ready! :)


Fun Fact: "Cake is of Viking origin , from the Old Norse kaka." HA and if you know some spanish slang that makes cake so appealing...

No comments:

Post a Comment