Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Touch of Lemon

I'd have to say I'm IN LOVE WITH LEMON! Seriously I love lemon cake, lemon pie (minus the meringue), lemon tarts, lemon loaf, lemon cookies, lemonlemonlemonlemon. It was probably for my best interest to hold on making lemon cupcakes because I love them way too much. These cupcakes though did not turn out how I had hoped but the two people who tried them said they were great. I have issues not trusting my cupcakes, but then again I'm really picky about cupcakes in general.




So these are my cupcakes. I went crazy with flowers! Ana also taught me how to make roses last time I was there so I wanted to put my new skills to test and this was the final outcome.



 The cake is soft, moist, and a medium consistency. Next time I want lemon chiffon but extra lemony. No matter what  did the lemon flavor was not lemony enough but maybe that's just for my taste. I filled the cupcakes with lemon curd and finally made the SWISS MERINGUE BUTTERCREAM! After making it I have developed a love/hate relationship. The frosting is beaaaautiful and pipes perfectly but I could not flavor it for the life of me. You would be shocked to know how much lemon extract and lemon juice went into the frosting. Aggravated me but nonetheless I loved it.

Lemon Facts!

*Lemon trees grow to be about 10 to 20 ft tall and are sparsely covered with foliage.

*High in vitamin C, lemons prevent scurvy, a disease that causes bleeding gums, loose teeth and aching joints.

*For whiter fingernails and to get rid of fingernail stains, soak your fingernails in fresh squeezed lemon juice for about five minutes.

*California and Arizona produce 95% of the entire U.S. lemon crop.

*Lemon trees bloom and produce fruit year-round. Each tree can produce between 500 and 600 pounds of lemons in a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment