Thursday, January 20, 2011

Peppermint Red Velvet

So way back when before winter break, I made these cute little treat boxes for some of my friends. Inside was a mini peppermint red velvet cupcake. I know this is a late post but I COMPLETELY forgot about them. I tried a new red velvet recipe and it tasted the same but had a better, fluffier texture to it. But the frosting is what really was the best part. It was cream cheese frosting mixed with melted white chocolate and peppermint extract. I'd say it was absolutely amazing! I will definitely be making them again for a larger group of people.



Fun Fact:

Since everyone loves butter...

"Every year, over 8 million metric tons of butter are consumed worldwide. The chart below shows how much butter is being eaten for selected countries. Americans have been eating less and less butter since the mid 20th century. This is a graph of annual butter consumption, in 1,000 metric tons. " 

Source:http://www.webexhibits.org/butter/consumption.html

India really loves their butter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment