Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nutella

I think just about everyone loves Nutella. (I think it's okay, nothing special...don't attack me!) Regardless I think these cupcakes came out pretty great...at least the second time. The first time I found a super weird recipe but I want to try it anyway. It went against every rule of cupcake making I've ever learned and it turned out crappy. Shocker. It probably didn't help that I forgot to add the sugar (whoops!) but even so it was definitely muffin texture. Dense and kind of dry, so I'm happy I got to start over. Since I was in a crunch for time I just took the vanilla bean recipe, minus the vanilla bean, and used that for my base. I filled each with Nutella before I baked it thinking it would be all great and gooey. I was pretty wrong. The Nutella kind of hardened but there's not much I can do about that except take note for next time. I tried to remedy that by adding a little extra Nutella after they were done so hopefully that goes over well. I topped them with the BEST FROSTING IN THE WORLD. All it is is two cups of whipping cream and a little over a 1/2 cup Nutella. Absolutely perfect. It tastes like a Wendy's Frosty. I will definitely be using that again. For a finally Nutella touch I drizzled some melted Nutella on top.
Here they are!

And here are the failures...they had some potential...maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment