Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Banana Cream Pie


Since you already know I'm definitely not a fan of bananas, I'd have to say I was waaaay excited to make these cupcakes! I came up with the concept on my own and I also got a chance to make stabilized whipped cream!!! (If you don't know that means it's whipped cream with gelatin to make it stable and thick.) So I placed a nilla wafer on the bottom to serve as the pie crust, then I made banana cake, and filled each cupcakes with banana cream pie filling.

I of course had to top them off with whipped cream for the full pie effect. I'm thinking of making these in lemon pie form out of purely selfish reasons, but hey I have to bake things I like every once in a while.

P.S. Now before getting a cupcake you have a cost. You have to ask me how my day was or how I am because now people don't even greet me anymore. I think people only see me as a giant cupcake, but heeellllo I am a human who does not want to be used for her baked goods! You dig?


 :)

2 comments:

  1. The batter is SO DELICIOUS. I'd really like it if whipped cream topping was thicker (try making homemade whipped cream).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whipped cream was homemade Katie!

    ReplyDelete