Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chocolate Malt

Who doesn't love a good old fashioned chocolate malt every once in a while? After seeing cupcake versions of this delectable treat on various food blogs, I knew I was being challenged to make them, but of course, TEN TIMES BETTER. ;) I found a recipe online but compleeeeetely took it into my own hands. Tripled the malt powder, added extra eggs, put in some whopper pieces...and some other minor details. I'd say they came out pretty fantastic. Since malt powder is not a strong flavor, I think I did well with having the flavor truly come through in the cake and the frosting.


Curses Cristal!!! (My mom) You are so good at taking pictures. Look at that lighting and clarity. Looks like it's out of a cookbook. I took some photos but they are nothing compared to these.

 Whooops... I should probably explain the topping as well... Yes you are seeing both whipped cream and buttercream. Even though I got many votes for whipped cream, I felt the cake needed the extra sweetness of buttercream so I threw some stuff together (no recipe, just to taste) and made it taste like a malt. I only put a thin layer of that though so it wouldn't be too sweet. Then on top of the buttercream I put together whipped cream with a touch of malt powder. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Thiiiick, and pipes beautifully. Not to mention the flavor is superb. This is another pumpkin cupcake situation where I'm way proud of myself since I can call it my own recipe. WOOOH!

P.S. 11 cupcakes left y'all!  (I did say "y'all" because I'm that excited)

No comments:

Post a Comment