Saturday, February 12, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberry

I've been dreaming about making these for the longest time! I'm pretty sure I invented this cupcake so if after this things start popping up, I know and you know where they got the idea from. ;) I was thinking why not put a strawberry inside a cupcake? I did some research and it turns out other people put strawberries in cupcakes so I was a little disappointed I didn't come up with it first. Nonetheless, I wanted something to be my own idea so I kept with the the whole strawberry but switched it up a bit. Then it came to me! Put a chocolate covered strawberry inside!! How much cooler is a chocolate covered strawberry than just a normal one? (The answer: A LOT!)  Then my brain was going and coming up with cake bases and frostings until I settled on this baby here!!!!


Aren't they pretty? I was trying to make them look like a chocolate covered strawberry, and I think I was pretty successful. What I decided on for the cupcake was a chocolate cake base. I then filled them with a strawberry dipped in white chocolate. ( I got the contrast going on!) Of course I had to finish the cupcake off with chocolate ganache and white chocolate drizzle. I even decided to put the strawberry tops back on. I think they're visually appealing and came out exactly how I wanted them too. I don't normally toot my own horn this much, but I'm really, super proud of myself!




The insiiiiide! (Pretty pictures with the red background, courtesy of my mama! She's good huh?)


Happy Cupcaking!! :)

2 comments:

  1. This was the best cupcake i have ever eaten in my entire life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Holly! Finally a blog comment :)

    ReplyDelete