Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Neapolitan

This project, no doubt, has taken over my life! Just when I get a day to relax I remember that I have cupcakes to make. Don't get my wrong, baking is my passion, but this is overkill! I think I have 15 recipes left? Maybe less...I will count soon.Not only is the baking annoying but updating my blog can be a hassle. Yeah I should probably stop complaining about now...can't a girl vent??! :)

So for what's really important...these cupcakes! Neapolitan, the beloved ice cream. I am personally against mixing flavors and foods in anyway. I like having a nice dinner plate where nothing runs off onto another item. Like when you have fries and the restaurant puts a pickle over a couple of fries...EW. Absolutely hate that. I don't want soggy pickle fries!!! PICKLE FRIES, bleeeeh. Same goes for ice cream; vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry shouldn't be together but yet I put them together in cupcake form.

This recipe took waaaay to much time for me to really want to make again, but some actually really enjoyed it. My neighbor actually loved them so much, but I don't think it's appropriate to write her comment haha. My mom said it tasted just like ice cream which is what I hoped to achieve. A few people suggested a buttercream frosting, which I think is a fantastic idea. If I ever make this recipe again I will definitely try buttercream.

Originally when making these I was hoping for a perfectly layered cupcake where you could see each color separately but that didn't work out so swell. The problem as that the chocolate layer had a thinner batter. Therefore the equally thick vanilla and strawberry batters pushed the chocolate to the outside. I just need a thicker chocolate and I think it could be a real success.

I did have help making these and I am really grateful that Hannah was there. She did however mess up. We both have two sides to the story, and mine, of course, is the real story. ;) I left her in charge of starting the strawberry batter and Miss Hannah was cracking some eggs. She was being all cool with her marvelous egg cracking, but then something unexpected happened. DUN DUN DUN!!! SHE DROPPED THE EGGSHELL IN THE BOWL WITH THE MIXER GOING! AHHH On top of that she gasped and ran away from the mixer without turning it off. Superhero Jasmine came to the rescue and shut down the eggshell eating machine, saving all cupcake consumers from the horrors of the eggshell. This is a huge exaggeration, but hey, makes a great story. Regardless of this fiasco, she was a great help!

Now to reveal the beauties!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment