Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pineapple Upside-Down


I have never in my life tried pineapple upside-down. I did a lot of research on these before making them since I had no idea what they should taste like. After finally deciding on recipes, I was really not satisfied with the final result. I come to these cupcakes in the morning before school (I'm hungry and I love pineapple) and I decide to try them. First bite...I instantly spit it out. They were so gross! The pineapple made the bottom gross and runny and it didn't brown like in the pictures online. I got positive feedback but I think people may have just been nice because boy oh boy these were gross. One of my friends I could tell genuinely enjoyed the cupcake, but I really want to try making it again.

To explain these a little better, I'll do a quick break down of the cupcake. At the bottom is a buttered, brown sugared pineapple and a maraschino cherry. Over that is yellow cake with a hint of pineapple. I then finished the cupcakes off with a brown sugar frosting. I wasn't a fan of the frosting either so next time I will be making a recipe from my own brain. I just really don't like these cupcakes in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment