Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vanilla Bean Cookies N' Creme

Now that I'm making two recipes in one day, I needed to find something to go with the vanilla bean base for the orangesicle cupcakes. I've made regular cookies n' creme before so I just redid that recipe but with vanilla Jojo's from Trader Joe's. There are so many flavored Oreo's and Jojo's that I could make an array of cookies n' creme cupcakes...oh the possibilities!



 I think the cupcake was a great concept but I heard it was super sweet. But I also got feedback from people that really enjoyed the sweetness. So maybe if I had a bakery it wouldn't be a regular cupcake just something that rotates through the selections.

Vanilla Bean Fun Facts!!!

"In baking, cream the vanilla with the shortening or butter portion of the ingredients. The fat encapsulates the vanilla, preventing it from volatilizing in the baking process

The entire vanilla cultivation process, from planting to market, can take from five to six years!

The United States consumption of vanilla beans is approximately 1,200 tons per year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment