Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lemon Raspberry

Let's all take a moment to celebrate. ONLY TWELVE RECIPES LEFT!!!! 12121212121212121212!!! I will have soooo much more free time when this project is done! Plus a big part of my capstone will be done. Woot woot! The project's final day is March 20th...keep your eyes out for the final cupcakes around school. I will most likely continue my blog beyond this project and beyond high school, just a lot less posting. You don't even know how many recipes I have saved on my computer. There's a world of them out there!




So the cupcakes. Same batter a the lemon chiffon since I made them together. If you want to know why they have a sucky texture scroll down. After filling half the pan for the normal lemon chiffon, I mixed the leftover batter with fresh raspberry pieces that I had cut up. They're all pretty with raspberry flecks...I love it :) I also made a homeade raspberry filling. It's not the same as the puree filling I had previously made, in case you were wondering. This takes the juice from the raspberries and boils it with some other things to form a thick sauce. I reeeeally like it and it complements the cake perfectly. Definitely my favorite cupcake so far, minus the texture thing. I just really love the flavor and could eat probably six of them right now. For the frosting I used the same lemon cream cheese buttercream as the other cupcakes... gotta keep the work on my end short!

I'm tempted to go eat another! Yuuuummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment