Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lemon Chiffon

Okay I kind of messed these up. I was hoping for so much success with these only to be let down in the end! I was mixing and separating LOTS of eggs just to make them perfect, little did I know how easy it is to over mix chiffon. When they say fold or mix lightly, they suuuper mean it. I admit, I didn't do much research before making them like I normally do. I'm getting lazy...it happens.


 I will most definitely be making them again though because I LOVE LEMON. LOVE IT! I put a whole cup of lemon juice in these...mmmm mmm! Don't worry, it is not overpowering. It's just peeerfecto! The frosting is a lemon cream cheese  buttercream, and as we all know I also love cream cheese. :) It's my perfect cupcake...minus the whole chewy, rubbery texture ordeal...whoops!

Bottom line: Fantastic flavor...not so fantastic texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment