Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Vegan Vanilla

Let me start off by saying that I think vegan cupcakes shouldn't exist. If you're vegan...more power to you! But you are ruining a perfectly decent cupcake. Everything that makes a cupcake so great is gone! I can't use butter! BUTTER PEOPLE BUTTER. THE YUMMY FLAVORFUL DELICIOUSNESS IN THE BATTER. I can't even use it in the frosting. All the frostings that are worth mentioning have butter or some other dairy product. Then there is the who egg issue. Eggs give the cupcakes their moistness and work as a leveler. Uhhh I need my eggs! I also kind of need milk! MILKMILKMILK. Not to mention I have a tendency to throw in some sour cream to many of my batters and obviously I couldn't here. The list of things I can't use goes on and on and ooon, but I should probably evaluate these disgrace of a cupcake. (Just being real!)


I took this picture to give these cupcakes a little credit no matter how anti I may be. They turned out to be super moist (look above!) and a pretty good, light, cakey texture. It sounds good, I know, but it's really the taste of the whole cupcake that I did not like. When my mom tried these babies, she seemed okay for half a second, then her face scrunched and she gagged them up! Appealing right? I tried them and didn't spit them out immediately, but they did make my stomach hurt a little. Being brave, I took another bite...it was only of the cake this time, and it wasn't half bad. I concluded with the frosting be wretched due to my lack of shortening and salt free butter substitutions. This cupcake is in no way my cup of tea, but I know I could improve them to make them much better.


Happy Cupcaking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment